The Guardian reports: “Two men have died after getting into difficulty while [wild] swimming near a 100ft waterfall in Snowdonia. The men, aged 33 and 21, were found after emergency services were called to the scene near the Snowdon Mountain Railway, …Another two men, aged 27 and 25, were taken to hospital and received treatment before being released.”
Photo by Ghost Presenter on Pexels.com
“…The water beneath the waterfall carries thermal pockets of extremely cold temperatures because it very rarely receives sunlight. Siôn Jones, councillor for the nearby village of Bethel, said the deaths had shocked the community. “As a local councillor I’m really saddened and it’s a real shock to the area,” he said.”
Wild swimming is great fun but open water safety is paramount. Its always easy to be wise after the event but following simple safety advice makes sense!
Please review safety information for wild swimmers here…